Sunday 9 October 2011

A jQuery Mobile Address plugin

While playing around with jQuery Mobile and wondering about the support for the new HTML5 input types I realized there wasn't an address extension that was just as easy to use a date picker was for dates. So I wrote an address plug-in.

Adding Google Maps to an input element

The idea is very simple: addresses are text just like an e-mail address or an url. HTML5 makes it possible to identify this a input element types and jQuery Mobile acts on these types as well to display custom widgets for these elements.

I wanted an address type: an input element with that type would allow the user to enter an address or a click on it would open an interactive map. Clicking on a location in that map would fill in the address under the cursor. Writing such a plug-in was a fine exercise in both jQuery Mobile and the Google Maps API and the first results are documented on my website as part of the Erica Web Application framework.

1 comment:

  1. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete